Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Part About the Middle of August

Damn! July kicked my butt. No two ways about it ... Who woulda thought my slump would come 200 days in. It's kinda like: "Get yourself together Tiff, you're mostly done with this thing. FINISH STRONG!" Haha. Yeah, well, at the very least, I haven't given up completely. I figure I'll take all the pictures and then never put them up until next year or something. Real classic Tiffany stuff. >.<

Anyways, here goes for the past couple weeks:


July 24, 2013. Photo response to July 22. I was a little surprised I got this done in less than two days. But I liked it a lot in the end ^_^


July 25, 2013. So... July 25 apparently is Jesus's half birthday =P. But E's production at Disney decided to actually celebrate Christmas in July, so they had a Christmas party! But she doesn't own an ugly Christmas sweater. Thus ... do what Disney-people do best, and get creative. So we did just that. And she went as a present, and now her present is here for the interwebs to see and gleefully giggle over.

.... that sounds like a euphemism for something. crap. haha!


July 26, 2013. Haven't done portraits for a while, so I thought I'd have a little fun. Ended up doing a portrait of the 9th (shown above), the 10th, 11th, Amy Pond, Clara, Sherlock, and then 10 again. Does anyone see a trend here? :D


July 27, 2013. So, E decided that we had to go to a Medieval Times show, especially because it appeared on LivingSocial. So she got us deals and we reserved a showing and we skedaddled on down to Anaheim and watched mostly attractive men swing deadly-looking weapons at each other for a while. It was pretty interesting, and a lot of fun, and a TON of food. I'd go back again!


July 28, 2013. I was adamant that E write; she was adamant that we get yummy treats. I had so much conviction ... until she mentioned that Pinkberry had a new cherry-flavored yogurt. Then it was all downhill from there. haha!


July 29, 2013. E and I went to see Pacific Rim. It was spectacular. And hilarious. And fun to watch. But mostly hilarious. We walked out laughing and giggling, and generally enjoyed the whole thing, though it was admittedly a movie with more plot holes than we would have liked. But, in all, definitely worth the price of admission, VERY cool to look at, and STILL a better story than Twilight.


July 30, 2013. Can't remember what exactly the issue was that day, but I really needed some Sprinkles in my life, so I demanded a run and E complied, and then there was a really pretty sunset, that I couldn't quite capture if I wanted to get any detail on the alley ... So, the alley way! I don't know why it caught my eye, but I still really like this moment.


July 31, 2013. Wednesday. Got up early to go to the Farmer's Market with my boss. Thus, sort of got up with the sun ... mostly got up with the sun streaming into the living room. Couldn't pass up the chance for the pattern. ^_^


August 1, 2013. Moments. Colors. Streaks in the sky.

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?


August 2, 2013. Hey girrrl. E! That's what happens when you live with me when I do a Project 365 ... you get lotsa pictures of yourself over the course of the year. This was semi-payback for her bailing on our previously arranged going out plans. Too bad the picture turned out adorbs -_- ^_^


August 3, 2013. Took a quick trip down to San Diego to visit one of my friends who's going to be doing post-grad service in Philly. I've never really run around San Diego before, so it was a very cool weekend, and I'd LOVE to go back again soon. Apparently, there are hot air balloons that fly every night? Pretty sweet in my opinion.


August 4, 2013. Got brunch before heading back to Los Angeles. This was a really sweet place in the Historic Gas Lamp District that did brunch, lunch, dinner, and turned into a pretty sweet (semi-hipstery) bar at night. Best brunch I'd had in a while.


August 5, 2013. We have a BIG problem in our apartment, and I'm 100% sure it has nothing to do with shoes.

Found a swarm of ants that day. Ugh I shudder at the memory. It was not fun following the trail back and then piling up the shoes to make sure I got them all. Little buggers -_-


August 6, 2013. Look! There she is. The apartment is kind of getting messy because we're very aware of the fact that we will soon be moving...


August 7, 2013. Swung by school to see some people and get some yummy home-cooked dinner. Ended up helping out in the animation labs (kind of) and taking a quick trip down to Orange for the outlets and Disneyland for the fireworks. Most definitely not what I had expected initially... But a great day nonetheless.


August 8, 2013. One unfortunate thing that happened the day before: My crucifix broke while we were running around Disney! Yeah ... I lost the lower half of Jesus :/ Super sad. I've had this cross since my high school friend went to China, found this crucifix, had it engraved with my name, and gave it to me before I went to college. Super sad day :(


August 9, 2013. E tried to get away from my camera. It didn't work. I win everything!!


August 10, 2013. Had a girl's night out with E and my high school friend. Then ran into some former Gryphons! It was a fun, cute, pretty hipster bar. The Wellesbourne on Pico!


August 11, 2013. Went to a late-ish brunch with E after she woke up. After some discussion, we decided to walk up to Brentwood and go to the Coral Tree Cafe, which is and will always be delicious. Got my Eggs Benedict on, which was soooo yummy. I love me some poached eggs and hollandaise sauce.

Aaaand that's it folks! Haven't been in much trouble lately. Not really planning on getting in any soon. Gonna move soon, so that'll be fun, but that's still two weeks out, so ... yeah. Boring life for me!

--Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment