Friday, March 29, 2013

The Part Where It's My Favorite Time of The Year...

... it's Holy Week!

And, yes, I'm dead serious, this is probably my favorite time of the year. Chalk it up to the History nerd in me, but I love the hearing the history of my church and knowing where my faith comes from ^_^. Anyways, happy Good Friday, folks; I hope everyone had a good Holy Week, or just had a good week in general, for you non-religious folk. It's definitely a TGIF kind of Friday for me. Seven days 'til freedom! I'll keep taking baby steps until the baby steps get me to where I need to be (where ever that actually is).

Photo update! I haven't forgotten about my project 365, so here it is!


March 21, 2013. E and I tried to go to a screening of Admission, at 7:30 at the Century City Mall. We ran into... a LOT of traffic. I think it took like 30 minutes to get from our apartment to 405, which is, like, half a mile away. It was very sad. But the night was not lost! We had a delicious Counter dinner in honor of my then-new job, and walked around and giggled at God-knows-what and generally just had a good time. Buuuuuut this was the traffic. Gotta love LA; I guess it's good for something.


March 22, 2013. My Kairos sister's boyfriend was in town! So, he made dinner and we watched Wreck-It Ralph, and had a ball. There are some more hilarious ones, but they make him look kinda crazy... so we'll leave those off this Project this time around. 


March 23, 2013. I know, I know, I have another one of these pictures, but the birds! They were all... there. And, I dunno, I just liked the picture. Oh well. 

E went to play basketball with Disney folk on Saturday and came back inspired to play more basketball, which reminded me that I thought I had seen tennis courts at a park near us, which might mean basketball courts, so we went exploring! And then found the sweetest place ever; apparently the Westwood Recreation Center is like a mile away from us. Less than, possibly! They have an indoor pool, and two full length indoor basketball courts, and they offer random classes for Westwood/West LA residents, so I signed up for a Tai Chi class. I'm very excited to start; the first class is on Monday, and I cannot wait! I've wanted to learn Tai Chi for ever and ever, so I'm super pumped. We got a lot accomplished on Saturday ^_^


March 24, 2013. Credits to Back to the Future. Went to see it with some friends from LMU. First time seeing it all the way through and first time on the big screen! Very fun, and Michael Rosenbaum (of Smallville fame) was there! And, supposedly, so was the girl who played Supergirl, but I didn't get to watching that season when it came out, so I cared a little less. Haha. Man... that was a real throwback. Smallville was my true first TV show love. And I just love it when actors are just as nerdy about things as normal people are. Michael Rosenbaum was all giddy and excited about this Delorean that someone had put outside. It was very adorable.



March 25, 2013. Went to LMU! Had a really great time hanging out with people, and while I was talking to a friend, we noticed my 'Lil and her friend hanging out in the amphitheater. So, I snapped the picture. I do love LMU ^_^


March 26, 2013. The view from the inside. I figured I'd capture the view from the inside before I left, though, I guess I still have a week. We were closing, and I was waiting on my manager to come out, so.... picture time! Yeah, I don't really have a rhyme or reason for these a lot of the time. They just ... happen. Haha


March 27, 2013. My Tiffany friend! She goes to UCLA, so we get to see each other now and again. It was her birthday on the 24th, so we went to dinner and had a great time! Happy Birthday girlie!


March 28, 2013. Me and E went and got cultured! We saw Cinderella, the Opera, at the LA Opera downtown yesterday. It was entirely in Italian, which, admittedly, made it pretty hard to understand the actual words, but it was a really good time! The plaza in front of the Opera House was pretty sweet, and this is the view from the plaza towards the south!


March 29, 2013. Happy Good Friday. Went to a service, which was beautiful, but long, but also way what I needed. I don't think I've been to a Good Friday service since probably middle school... I remember going to a lot of Holy Thursday services, but not Good Friday. I guess I had been hoping for a Stations service, but that was not what I got. Hopefully next year. 

I'm kinda sad I'm not going to be able to get out to Easter Vigil; I'm working the closing shift at Loft tomorrow night =/. Shame, too, considering that it's my favorite mass of the year, but that also means I'll be able to go to 8 PM at LMU with E, and see friends and people and such. I'm excited.

Hopefully more basketball tomorrow!

I'm out!

--Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment