Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Part About The Last Two Weeks

Hehe... well, as I mentioned last night, I've been rather busy running around Los Angeles, half of the time, without internet, so ... whoops! here are all the pictures I haven't put up yet. I really need to stay more on top of this. I will! I will! I promise! (ish.)


August 16, 2013. Ladies' night out. Pretty epic night out in the end ...


August 17, 2013. Went to the Wellsbourne with E and my friend from high school and then ran into two Gryphons! overall, pretty sweet bar, though very hipstery.


August 18, 2013. The first day of mad sickness. I thought it was only going to be a day, but, oh how it turned into chaos.


August 19, 2013. See?? CHAOS. Sickness and chaos.


August 20, 2013. E found these maps of the USA based on questions, and I am so proud to say that California is by far the craziest state in the union. Like ... by far. Blows New York so far out of the water it's not even funny. Love ittt :D


August 21, 2013. After days of not being able to do ANYTHING, I dragged E out to our favorite old haunt and had as many eggs as I could handle eating. And it was delicious.


August 22, 2013. Trying to get a head start on packing, and came across this beauty. My first Harry Potter book =) The one that changed the world. I still take it with me to be in my mini library to remind me of how much I love reading.

After all this time...Always :)


August 23, 2013. Got off of work, had been cooped up all week, so I decided to go down to 3rd street, see a movie (ended up watching Kick Ass 2. Wasn't great, but wasn't terrible. Just, unfortunately, not as good as the first). Walked to the bluff overlooking the ocean and watched the sun set.


August 24, 2013. E and I went to see Back to the Future at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery! Loved the crowd. It was a very fun movie to see as a group!


August 25, 2013. Moving. Phew! What a trek!


August 26, 2013. We moved all of E's stuff on Sunday, but we still had our old place, but the sink kept backing up, so we told the maintenance staff, and then got to work on it. And punched a hole in the wall outside our apartment. It's a little funny. But, I guess, not really.


August 27, 2013. To celebrate moving in! E and I now live right next to the Sherman Oaks Galleria, so we went to the Cheesecake Factory there to celebrate. And she had cheesecake.


August 28, 2013. Went to Target to pick up some cleaning supplies and organizing stuff. And there was a shudder and a mini blackout, so I was like "heelllll no. I'm outta here" and went back to my car, only to realize that the parking lot had been affected too and that there were no lights on. hahaha yeah ... It was an interesting night for sure.


August 29, 2013. Empty Apartments. Goodbye West Park Village! It's been fun, but no we're in the ....


August 30, 2013. PH! ... for Penthouse. Oh Lord, we sound a tad bit pretentious saying that. But, it is what it is, and we are on the 4th floor :)


August 31, 2013. Went out with Caitl because SHE just moved to Sherman Oaks too! This is a little Irish Pub that some of our friends were at. Live band, good music, tad bit older crowd, but an all around good time!


September 1, 2013. Went to the final Shakespeare in the Park at Griffith Park ... they did "As You Like It", and it was GREAT. Had some great conversation, got to catch up with some friends, enjoyed some wonderful Elizabethan spoken word ... and then Lawrence Fishburne sat down like twenty feet in front of us. hahah it was pretty cool!


September 2, 2013. I has pretty lights in my new room! They're weathered copper (to look antiqued) dragonflies with little colored marbles in the bodies to add a little color. If you look at the picture in my last post, they are what's causing the glow from the left side. And that's my bed! (errrr my pillows on top of my blow up mattress. haha)


September 3, 2013. Driving back from Encino because we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and then Panera for dinner. Love me some pretty lights :)


September 4, 2013. LAX to SJC. So happy to have gone home (and am now at home). I've never seen LAX so empty though! It was kinda creepy, which is funny because there were definitely more than enough people to populate it, but I'm so used to the airport teeming with people that it was strange that it wasn't.


September 5, 2013. Dropped off my brother at the airport and then went to visit my parents at their work's new location. My mom took me on the grand tour of the place and this is the warehouse! And that, down at the end, is my mother :) She's a fun one, she is!

And that's it for the past two+ weeks. I promise I won't let this happen again!

--Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment