Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Part About Moving Mindsets

Phew! It's a been a busy two weeks ... I'm not going to lie, that illness took a lot out of me, and then me and E moved apartments that Sunday, and then I was without internet until this past Saturday, and now I'm back at home in the Bay Area for a mini-vacation. So, that's all that's really been going on, admittedly, being busy busy busy! I now have a room and bathroom to myself, barstools that are actually usable under a kitchen bar, and an apartment with central air (and, boy, do we need it ... it's been sweltering every day). It's a pretty nice apartment though. This is how I've set up my room, anyhow:


Put up some pretty dragonfly lights on the wall above my bed, installed my makeshift desk across the room with a little bit of inspiration on that wall too ... it's really nice to fall asleep with that across from me too. I really am a bit fan of the natural light that I get in my room. The only lights that are on are the dragonflies and this is relatively lateish in the day. It's very comfy, and there's a nice amount of space to spread out, which, I've started to realize I really kind of need in order to get my mind in order and actually get things done.

I didn't just move, I went through and organized all my stuff. Threw out a fair amount, got a nice pile of things to give away, and reorganized a lot of my stuff so that I actually know where everything is! It makes my brain much happier, to have everything organized, and I'm ready to start working, especially now that I have a (sort of) desk! (kay, it's really just one of my drawing boards on top of two short(ish) organizing towers that I already have, but still. better than the floor. ish.).

As much as I like my organized chaos, I've found that I can't work when the chaos doesn't have a system, which was hard to create when I didn't have my own space, and for fear of bothering E's space. So it's nice to have system now, and my mind, though still thriving on the slight chaos in my room, feels much happier about getting down to business.

So yeah, I didn't just move apartments; I'm working on moving mindsets. I've got so much space in my (own?? wow that's weird to say after a year+ of having a roommate) room, so I'm sure the chaos will thrive, but I'm really looking forward to letting the chaos work for me, rather than having to corral it, which, is strangely comforting to me (sorry, mom. haha!).

Anyways, I guess what I'm looking forward to is a new space, new energy, and (re)new(ed) motivation. Gotta get stuff done!

And, now I gotta enjoy my night with my fam-bam.

So happy to be home. HELLO CANTONESE PEOPLE!! ^_^

--Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment