Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Part Where I Am Blessed

New York, here I come! Today was a pretty wonderful today. Started off with work at Loft, did a little mocap clean up for Caitl's thesis, played some volleyball, and had a really wonderful time at the CLC alumni group.

Here's the picture of the day:


February 28, 2013. I've been wanting to take this picture for ages as well. Sometimes, all I have to do to remember that I am blessed ... is look up. ^_^

Today was all about blessings and stressings at meeting today. It was beautiful, and painful, and stressful, and really, really useful. It's really nice to know that I'm not alone, and it's even better to look ahead and know that there's something good on the horizon. As they say, it's always darkest before the dawn. I'm rereading the book Delirium right now, and this is one of the best quotes from it, when the main character accidentally blurts out that her favorite color is gray and tries to explain why she said that: "Right before the sun rises there's a moment when the whole sky goes this pale nothing color--not really gray but sort of, or sort of white, and I've always really liked it because it reminds me of waiting for something good to happen." 

That's where I am right now. In the dark, in the gray. But ... all that means is that I'm waiting for something good to happen. And I am actually doing something to get to the good stuff. 

So, in that I can actually do things, and work towards what I actually want, means I am blessed. I am blessed to be in the gray, and to be supported and loved even though I am in the gray.

I'm gonna get there. 

I just need to wait out the night.

I see the gray; first light is coming my way, I will be ready.

--Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment