Monday, January 14, 2013

The Part Where I Can Almost See the Milky Way. If I Squint. And Imagine It.

My days... are still really lame. On the bright side, classes have started at LMU, which means all my still-in-school friends are back! Yay! So much happiness. Soup club even tried to reunite. I think I was the only one who got soup, funnily enough. Oh well.

And here are the pictures from the past three days:



January 12, 2013. E and I spent a whole lot of time at Bed, Bath & Beyond discussing flowers for her office. It was so hilarious, it necessitated taking a picture. And then she neglected to actually buy any of these specific flowers. Oh the insanity!


January 13, 2013. E and I went out to lunch with C after moving all my bedroom furniture to J's new place. It's this very yummy, trendy place in Venice that's a little overpriced, but pretty much delicious enough to make up for it. I swear, every time I go there, it's like explosions of flavor in my mouth! Like in Ratatouille (fav Pixar movie, btdub), when Remy is explaining how to really taste food. That's what Lemonade does for me. Bon Appetite. Yum ^_^


January 14, 2013. It's official. I'm running away and eloping with the-idea-of-grain-on-film. Well, I would, if it were a person. Aaaaanyways! ISO at 800; aperture at 2.8; shutter speed at 1/4 of a second.  It was beautiful. If there's one thing I miss about being home, it's that I can't see the stars here. I'm not totally sure what star that burning ball of light is in my picture, but I'm willing to bet it's probably a planet. If you squint real hard (okay, maybe not that hard), you should be able to see Orion in this picture, which I love. Who knew that Los Angeles could make some of the most interesting star photos...

It made me think of Tahoe, all over again, walking out to the balcony of the girl's cabin, the last night of the first year I was a Leader-in-Training. We were up late giggling that night, and, for some reason, I went outside, and there was the whole sky, opened up like it was no big deal. I'd never seen the stars like that before, and even since! I haven't been able to find a view quite like that one. 

Today, admittedly, was a day of missing things immensely. Like the stars, or feeling like I have a purpose, or my own bed (not the one I gave away, kids. That one I could do with never seeing again). Growing up is a lot scarier once you're "grown up" and supposed to know what you're doing. But I got some good advice from a friend today: I'm young. I'm a year out of college, and only 21. In terms of people knowing what they're doing as a career, I've got a head start in that I majored in something extremely specific so I do have a very specified skill set and career goal. Most people change careers like 10+ times throughout their lives. In other words, I don't need to be freaking out just yet; I need to be concentrating, and working, and working some more. I'll get there.

--Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment