Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Part Where My Week DID End in a Hilariously Crazy Fashion!

So.... obviously I lied about putting up pictures last night, but to make up for it, I'm putting this past week's photos up now. And then maybe today's picture too. So the dreaded double blog might be coming today!


January 21, 2013. Hiked the Mishe Mokwa trail again, this time with friends! It was beautiful, once again, and, despite having to work later that day, and being super exhausted, it was SO worth it.


January 22, 2013. My lovely KaiChi. After we made a shady transaction in which I bought my iThing from him ^_^ He's such a precious joy to be around! haha


January 23, 2013. "In the Hole". I'm not totally sure why I named this one, but.... it has a name now! Two of my animation major friends, who are both seniors and embarking on their last semester of doom and sleep deprivation known as THESIS!!! This is in the stripped mocap room. No more camera poles -- Eeep!


January 24, 2013. Inside Grauman's Chinese Theater for the Hansel and Gretel Premiere. Best part about this: I stood up to take my pic of the day and EVERYONE around me thought I was trying to take a picture of someone famous so everyone immediately started getting up and looking around and stuff. You can kinda see it in the picture. But in fact, I was just trying to get my pic of the day. I was having way too much fun talking to FSF about story ideas to really care at that point.


January 25, 2013. It pays to have friends in high places. This is the inside of Colony, the bar/club I went to on Friday night. Doesn't look to hoppin', but it got pretty crowded later on.


January 26, 2013. Walking to work. Underexposed. Trees in the mist. Dunno why it caught my eye, but it was a pretty cool moment.

And finally. Saturday update. Let's just say that the end of the week was in fact amazing. Here's what happened.

I was on my way to this lunch thing that my mom's friend set up, and I turned on the radio as I got in the car to 104.3 MyFM, and heard them announcing a live and unplugged session with Johnny Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls. Quick backtrack: the Goo Goo Dolls are my all time favorite band. If there's ever been a voice crush in the history of voice crushes, Mr. Rzeznik's is my one and only. I've seen the GGD twice live, and let's be real, the first time I saw them live, I got a little emotional. 

Needless to say, I was totally stoked. Like, way beyond stoked. So, I listened intently all the way down, and sat in my car to hear when they'd announce the phone lines opening. The DJ comes on and announces the contest (20th person to call wins), and the phone number: 866-544-MYFM. Side note: My phone is a Blackberry, with teeny, tiny buttons. The keypad does not have the alphabet on the numbers. In other words, I had NO idea what numbers were what letters and I just guessed

First time I called, busy tone, which eventually disconnected. Second time I called, busy tone, which I hung up on. I was about to give up, but I figured I'd call one more time and start walking towards the restaurant. This time, the phone rang. 

I was a little shocked, but I thought, "Well, they must have gotten the caller already, but on the off chance they didn't, I'll just stick around until they pick up. The worst that could happen is that I ask about the contest and they tell me someone else has already won. I'm sure it happens all the time." A funny little thought crossed my mind that there was a definite possibility that I was calling completely the wrong number, so I figured that that would be hilarious as well if someone random picked up and just got confused at why I was calling them.

And then the call was answered.

"Hello."

"Hi! Is this MyFM?"

"Yes it is. You're caller number 20."

WHAT. 

I'm pretty sure I almost lost my shit at that moment. I was outside this dinky seafood restaurant in Carson (which, btw, had the best calamari I've ever had), running late to this lunch, and I'd just won entrance to an intimate, unplugged concert with my all time favorite singer. I'm pretty sure I almost lost my shit. And I'm pretty sure I was in shock for the rest of the afternoon.

BUT IT WAS AWESOME!

So yeah. Apparently I'm getting a phone call tomorrow that's going to explain more details, but I am SO, SO, SO, SO, SOOOOOOOOOO excited.

And that is the part where my week ended in the most hilarious fashion, and this: "And now it's Saturday. I've got a lunch thing in like 45 minutes, so I've gotta rocket, but who knows what the end of the week has in store for me!" was somehow a prediction for something amazing to come!

And then E pulled me to a pajama party in Fullerton after work, so I didn't get around to posting anything last night. Didn't even get in until 3:45 because of a really nasty accident on I-5 =(. But, the party was fun, and worth it, and her Nickelodeon intern friends are always hilarious to hang out with so, no complaints from me. ^_^

And now it's a new week. So come on, word; HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT.

--Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment