Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Part Where I Went on a California Science Center Adventure

Had a pretty wonderful day today with E. We planned to go to the California Science Center to see the Endeavour exhibit and the Cleopatra exhibit before it left, and we planned it on like Tuesday or Wednesday, but then she got called in for overtime at work today and we decided it was worth trying to go down to the Science Center earlier and see if we could change our Cleopatra ticket times right when the museum opened, so we headed down to USC for 10 o'clock, got there, asked around, and proceeded to pretty much get shut down. But we were there, and there were a few other things around so we walked around the museum for a bit and visited most of the other exhibits, and it was all together pretty cool. Found out that I'm a pretty terrible drunk AND sober driver (that's almost a story all of it's own), that more than one live cockroach at a time is pretty much 100% disgusting, and that E is pretty bad at being a barnacle. heeheehee!

We saw the Endeavour at our scheduled time and then were off to Burbank so E could do her work, and then we swung back down to the Science Center to get back just in time for the Cleopatra exhibit. That was pretty neat, I'm not going to lie. Definitely learned a number of things that I never would have guessed about Cleopatra and Egypt and etc... It was a totally unexpected adventure today, and I'm super glad that today was as epic as it was, because I've got work at 5 A.M. tomorrow morning O_O. That should be fun!!

Now E and I are watching Hope Springs, and I have to say, this movie is relatively delightful. As E just put it: "This movie is both adorable and totally awkward." Totes true. But I will always love me some Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones. Never thought I'd see them in a movie together, but this is pretty hilarious!

Anyways, here's the picture of the day:



The Science Center has a miniature aquarium on the first and second floors by where the Endeavour is stored. I'm not going to lie, aquarium tunnels and being under water level kinda terrifies me, but, at the same time, being under water level always creates the best pictures. Gotta love little kids. They always see the best things, and end up unintentionally creating the best pictures. One of my favorites of the first Project 365 I did was at the Seaworld in San Diego:


There's just something about the view through a sunlit water scene that is so immensely beautiful. 

I can't wait for what the rest of this year is going to show me ^_^

--Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment