Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Part Where This is My Life in Boxes

But I'm not moving out of LA! Not yet, anyways. And hopefully not soon. I was just in this kinda funky situation where I broke up with my now ex-boyfriend, but still had his bedroom set and then found a way to give it all away to another friend... so, time for a new bed, night stand, and dresser! Which has resulted in the photo for January 9th:


Yup, my life in boxes. My bedroom only ever looks like this right when I'm about to move out of a place or right when I move into somewhere new, so it's kind of a big deal that this is what my bedroom looks like mid-year, so... picture worthy! Haha. 

Anyways, today was pretty interesting. Went back to LMU to continue re-doing scenes for pre-vis, and got into a conversation with one of the IT guys about a job that he's heard about, which would be full-time, with benefits, and it's got me considering my options out in front of me, especially if I want to get the heck out of retail as soon as possible. 

See, on one hand, this would be great. From what I can figure: 1. it's still in the creative realm of things I generally want to do, 1.5. it's full-time in the creative realm of things I generally want to do, 2. it's got benefits, 3. it'll allow me (relatively?) stress free weekends (a.k.a. structured time away from work) (i would hope and assume), and 4. it would free me up to be able to do things like restart my interest in jewelry making and potentially keep me in the general vicinity of graphic design.

On the other hand ... there's just one thing: it's not directly in animation.

So, essentially, it's 4.5 pros vs. 1 con, but I'm seriously confuddled on what to do. Part of me is extremely interested, but part of me is ... hesitant to wander away from animation so quickly. 

But it's a job! Not in retail! A JOB!!

Oh man. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

Gotta keep my head up, gotta keep truckin' along, gotta believe that I'm right where I'm supposed to be!

--Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment