Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Part Where This Past Week Was The Most Unexpectedly Crazy Week Ever

Maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but ... it's true. Haha.

Anyways, not a picture post, but I've got to make up for my radio silence this week! So today is the day of the dreaded double post!! I'll put up pictures tonight after I take the pic for today. I actually have been keeping up with the Project 365, just haven't been putting them up here or on facebook every day. I really need to work on that....

Anyways! My week in review:

Sunday: The Part Where I Worked in the Labs Because I Knew I'd Be at Loft Most Days This Week.

And I hate going to school on Sunday unless it's for mass. :/ Sorry LMU friends, I just like to have Sundays up in Westwood with E! I never see her otherwise. But, I'd been scheduled for work on Monday from 1-10, Wednesday from 9-1:30, Friday from 3-7, and Saturday from 12-4. So I would have only had 2.5 days to do any work on my reel if I didn't go to the labs on Sunday. Low key day, as most Sundays are. Got stuff done; worked on the walk cycle for the girl character I'm animating, who was giving me trouble (I eventually did get her movement right). Also went to lunch with one of my Kairos children (KaiChi, for further reference), who told me about his new boyfriend, and that he was selling his 1st generation iPad for pretty cheap. (Both of which were very exciting news!). So yeah. Sunday was pretty low-key.

Monday: The Part Where I Went on a 6 Mile Hike and Then Had 7 Hours of Work

I mean.... I never said I was actually intelligent about these kind of things.... Haha! Last week, one of my friends asked if I wanted to go on a hike with him and his gf and a few other people on Monday because it's MLK so the LMU kiddos had the day off. I was all: "yeah! hike! awesome!". And then I realized I was doing shipment at Loft from 1-10. Buuuuuuut this is a group of people who are awesome, so I said screw it, I'm gonna do it... and did it. And I think I might still be sore right now! haha. Let's just say by the end of the day, I was stepping rather gingerly and ready to hit the hay right when I got back to my apartment. E, on the other hand, discovered the existence of a Cheesecake Factory really close to us and wanted to go, but we decided in the end to try for it the next day.

Tuesday: The Part Where My "Terrible" Taste in Movies Ends Up Being Really Useful

Went to the labs that day to work, and while I was perusing the interwebs while taking a break, I realized that Hansel and Gretel, Witch Hunters was in fact coming out this weekend. So I posted the trailer on one of my film school friends' wall because we both love Jeremy Renner, and the movie looked freaking ridiculous, and one of our other friends noticed and mentioned that she had gofobo tickets for the premiere that she couldn't use. Needless to say, I was in, and eventually, so was my film school friend, so we got the tickets for Thursday... And then I met with my KaiChi, and bought his iPad off of him, which I've affectionately renamed my iThing because I can't believe I've turned my back on non-Apple products. But it's okay, because I'm not gonna lie, this thing is pretty awesome. Haha Oh! And E and I did end up going to Cheesecake Factory, aka, the place with the cheesecake, and getting served by a guy who looked a lot like Channing Tatum.

Yup, Tuesday was pretty busy....

Wednesday: The Part Where I Really Didn't Want to Wake Up Early

But I had to, because I had work at 9 in the morning and I had to look pretty. Uhhh waking up with Elise at 7 usually isn't that bad, but I think that's only because I usually don't have to look good because I'm just going to the labs. This time, no such luck. But it also meant I was all jazzed up when I went to school and worked in the labs, which is always entertaining. Of all the days this week, Wednesday was probably the least unexpectedly weird day.

Thursday: The Part Where I Sat In Grauman's Chinese Theater With Jeremy Renner

or Mr. Giggles, as I like to call him. Too many tumblr gifs of him giggling away adorably. ANYWAYS. Me and Film School Friend (FSF) went to the premiere of this movie for freesies, which was great fun. At one point, when we were around the corner from the theater, in line waiting, we could hear all the paparazzi calling "Jeremy! Jeremy!" so there's at least the assumption that he was in the theater at some point. Me and FSF just ended up not exactly having the will to look for him. Mostly because we started talking about story ideas that we've been working on; I told her about my two stories that I'm outlining for NaNoWriMo, and she told me about some pilots that she's trying to write to help her get a screenwriting job somewhere. It was very cool bouncing ideas and listening to her ideas.

Side note: funnily enough, FSF's roommate is actually a bigger Renner fan, but gave her blessing to FSF to go with me because she was going to the Muse concert with .... the girl who gave US the tickets to the premiere! It was just one of those hilarious coincidences.

And then the movie started. Ohmygod, it was less than 1.5 hours of hilarious bloody explosions, decapitations, and really, REALLY cliche, but WONDERFUL one-liners. It was pretty much a Michael Bay movie in its pacing and story, but, hey, when the trailer looks like it does, does one really expect more?

Just remember kids: Whatever you do, don't eat the f----ing candy. *cue Renner glare*

Friday: The Part Where I Think I was Part of a Rapper's Posse Last Night. At Least for A Little Bit.

Yeah........ hahaha So Loft changed my hours earlier in the week, so I'd be working 1-9:30 doing shipment processing, so I was on my feet all day yesterday, and then I went out with some of my coworkers to this place in Hollywood called Colony. It was pretty sweet, not gonna lie. It started out really chill, but as the night went on, it got pretty crazy. And then the girl who brought us all there told us that we were sitting (squatting??) at the table that was rented for the night by the guy who does "Tell Me When To Go". Which I guess is pretty sweet. At the very least, it was free drinks all night, especially since one of the friends of the guy was massively hitting on one of my coworkers. Very entertaining to watch.

Other than that, the dancing was nice. The subwoofers in that place were amazing, so the bass was pretty much deafening (I think my ears are still ringing from last night), but it was worth it. Sadly, there was a complete lack of cute guys there, which I wanted to remedy, but... c'est la vie. I tried my hardest, and my best is all I can give *shrugg* to the max.

And now it's Saturday. I've got a lunch thing in like 45 minutes so I've gotta rocket, but who knows what the end of the week has in store for me!

'Til tonight!

--Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment